Research and policy
McCarthy & Stone is committed to improving the lives of older people and works at local and national government levels to achieve this. The Group regularly commissions new research and engages in campaigns to create an environment that transforms the lives of those in later life.
The Group offers its experience and knowledge, gained over the past 38 years, to decision-makers in public and private organisations. Here is a selection of its recent work:
- Building companionship: How better design can combat loneliness in later life. Read more.
- A manifesto for housing in later life in Scotland: Improving housing choices for older people. 2016. Read more.
- Generation Stuck: Exploring the Reality of Downsizing in Later Life. 2015. Read more
- The Colour Report – views on life in retirement today. July 2015. Read more
- McCarthy & Stone's manifesto for the 2015 General Election. Read more
- Local economic impact assessment of our developments. Institute of Public Care. March 2014. Read more
- Local economic impact assessment of our developments (Executive Summary). Institute of Public Care. March 2014. Read more
- Top of the Ladder: A new generation of retirement housing could set off a property chain reaction. Demos. September 2013. Read more