Children from Evendons Primary School with our site team at Walton-on-Thames
Our approach – enriching lives
As the UK’s leading retirement housebuilder, our driving ambition across our business is to enrich the lives of our homeowners and employees. We aim to deliver this by:
- building safe and vibrant developments to help older people lead healthy independent lives
- creating a great place to work which is both safe and inspiring for our employees
- minimising the environmental impact of our activities
- engaging positively with the local communities in which our developments are built
- building a culture of excellence in health and safety across all our business activities
Our focus on enriching the lives of our homeowners and employees influences all of our processes, from identifying and buying suitable land to designing, building, selling and managing high quality age-exclusive apartments.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) committee was formed in 2015. The Committee, which meets quarterly, is chaired by our Director of Land and Planning and reports directly to the Executive Board.
Our priorities for FY16 and FY17
The main priorities of the Committee in FY16 have been to establish:
- a CSR policy covering all aspects of the Group’s business
- a framework for CSR reporting within the Group following the IPO in November 2015
During FY17 the Committee is focusing on
- agreeing appropriate key performance indicators and targets
- establishing a framework for greenhouse gas emission reporting
The terms of reference of the Committee can be found here.
Statements of Intent
|Health and safety
|Anti Bribery & Whisteblowing